More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Berry Aviation
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 1/18/2022 5:21:04 PM
The Flight Operations Manager (FOM) is responsible for daily oversight and performance of individual Aircraft Dispatcher(s) to ensure safe, cost effective, and reliable operations in accordance with established company policies, FAA regulations, and associated contracts. Oversees and coordinates provisioning of the aircraft fleet, internal and external Flight Dispatch audits, and other duties as assigned. The FOM shall also maintain currency and proficiency as an authorized Aircraft Dispatcher, Instructor, and evaluator in accordance with the company's Aircraft Dispatcher Training Program.
- Assists the Director of Flight Dispatch Operations in the formulation and documentation of Flight Operational Control policies, procedures, and processes
- Exercises supervisory control over all interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, and termination of Aircraft Dispatchers
- Continuously maintains adequate documentation of Dispatch functional processes and procedures to ensure business continuity and foster consistent results
- Ensures all Aircraft Dispatchers remain proficient, and demonstrate compliance with applicable operational control policies and procedures
- Ensures proper provisioning of Aircraft and Operational Control Software to include: aircraft Navigation Databases, Performance Data, company forms and manuals, Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) devices and applications, and other aircraft inventory items required for operation
- Conducts internal audits and, when audit findings arise, performs root cause analysis and designs, documents, and implements appropriate corrective actions
- Routinely communicate with management personnel on any issues with regard to safety of flight, aircraft maintenance status, flight crew status, operational communication issues, customer concerns or personnel issues
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, and professional demeanor
- Must be a thought leader with excellent critical thinking skills, strong initiative, and high attention to detail
- Must possess a valid U.S. Passport and the ability to travel unrestricted
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security clearance
- One to three years of experience as an aircraft dispatcher operating under FAR Part 121 and/or 135 regulations, or previous Military experience
- FAA Licensed Dispatcher
- Previous experience as an Aircraft Dispatcher, or related Air Carrier Management experience
- Previous instructor and evaluator experience
- Knowledge and experience in Crew Resource Management (CRM), Risk Management, Aviation Safety Programs, and development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to travel internationally and conduct oversight activities, if needed
- Ability to be available to work or be on-call beyond normal office hours
- Ability to perform duties without direct supervision, team player, solution seeker, positive attitude, and customer focused
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.
For additional information:
Click here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to view the EEO is the Law poster.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf to view the EEO is the Law supplemental poster.