More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: STS Technical Services
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/28/2020 5:06:32 PM
Description: STS Aviation Services
is hiring an ITAR Compliance Manager
to work out of its state-of-the-art aircraft maintenance facility in Birmingham, United Kingdom
The purpose of the role is to ensure that STS Aviation Services is fully compliant with ITAR Regulations and to further STS compliance through the development of a range of solutions. These solutions will provide the support and guidance required to ensure effectiveness of International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Anti Bribery and Corruption Act, as well as other laws, regulations and internal policies applicable to the company’s core activities and the delivery of its products, information and services.
Main Job Respsonsabilities:
- To Support the scheduling, documentation, and communication requirements between STS and supporting forwarders, customs brokers, and carriers.
- Manages internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. and other foreign regulations.
- Interfacing with Program Managers, internal functions (i.e., Contracts, Supply Chain) and Senior Management Team to ensure that work processes are fully compliant with U.S. trade regulations.
- Drafting, submitting and managing export licenses, technical assistance agreements, commodity jurisdiction, voluntary disclosures, general correspondences, and classification requests, as required supporting business activities.
- Reviewing and approving international shipments, release of technology and technical data, to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. regulations, U.K. MoD regulations and STS Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of process and control plans to ensure compliance, monitoring for changes to requirements, identifying areas of non-compliance, and implementing and tracking actions to restore compliance.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Establish, review and maintains all customs regulatory data or documents.
- Generate performance metrics for export and import processes.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments of the companys legal and compliance risks.
- Assist with and promote compliance-related communications.
- Assist in investigating and resolving compliance issues.
- Keeps appraised of matters affecting trade compliance requirements.
Required Skills Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge, understanding, and experience of implementing UK export controls (Military and Dual Use) trade and customs procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of implementing, US export controls (ITAR and EAR) trade procedures and documentation.
- Ability to engage with Senior Procurement Officials as well as Senior Military Officers and Senior Managers within Boeing and the U.K. MoD.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a U.K Ministry of Defence (MoD) Secret security clearance.
- Experience with export classification of goods, services, and information.
- Practical experience working with privacy matters; and international business.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SharePoint.
This position comes with full benefits, and if you would like to learn more about that package, please email recruitmentstsaviationservices.com.
Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.Thanks for your time today, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.