More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Confidential Part 135
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 9/15/2021 8:02:23 PM
The Chief Inspector is responsible for the inspection, quality control and aircraft conformity for all aircraft on or being add to the certificate. The Chief Inspector is involved with day-to-day decisions of aircraft airworthiness in accordance with the task requirements in line with our procedures and ensuring compliance to FAA regulations. This position requires at least 3 years of Part 135 operations and maintenance management experience. (Preferred aircraft types are HS125, LR 60, C601, GIV and BD700).
This position is a Salaried-exempt position with salary dependent upon experience
The work schedule will be flexible and based upon services required Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for the inspections of all work performed by the various Maintenance Departments and the record keeping thereof
- May sign Operations Specifications as authorized by the company
- Maintain the Maintenance Manuals and maintenance related documents for correct applicability, currency and revision status
- This position is responsible for quality aspects of all fleet aircraft and effectively communicating status, as required
- Oversite of all Quality functions and support of Maintenance Control operation, team members and outside vendors to ensure they adhere to all corporate policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensures all maintenance performed on owned or managed aircraft is accomplished in accordance with the company's General Maintenance Manual, Operations Specifications and any other ratings held by the certificate such Wyvern, Argus, ISBAO, etc. Assures all maintenance is performed in accordance with applicable CFR's. Ascertain that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work before it is released to service, and that the proper inspection and maintenance records, reports, and forms required for such release are properly executed
- Maintain aircraft compliance with approved fleet maintenance programs and supports the development and execution of the specialized maintenance programs
- Perform conformity inspections on aircraft prior to being added to Part 135 service and produce the necessary documentation to prove conformity to FAA personnel
- Establish inspection procedures and standards as necessary to assure airworthiness and regulatory compliance
- Perform audits of Contract Maintenance Facilities to ensure suitability and compliance with Company's General Maintenance Manual, Operations Specifications and any other ratings held by the certificate such Wyvern, Argus, ISBAO, etc as needed
- Remain familiar with current Airworthiness Directives, applicable FAR's, operation specifications, maintenance manuals and revisions. Provide oversight and implementation of inspection criteria through Third-Party Maintenance Tracking Programs
- Reviews all records of work performed, prescribed repair methods, and the methods of approval
- Responsible to carry out audits of Airworthiness Directives for each aircraft at least once a year
- Participate in the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures
- Actively assist in aircraft maintenance, troubleshooting and coordinate maintenance and troubleshooting efforts, to reduce down time
- Be familiar and willing to work with company SMS (Safety Management System) programs
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constrains
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and power plant certificate and have a minimum of 3 years Part 135 operation experience
- Must have previous inspection experience, preferably in a management capacity
- Strong organizational, Interpersonal and Technical Skills required
- Valid US Passport
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
- Physically able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Will frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, and carry objects
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required
Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random Drug Screenings, Background Check, Credit Check, DMV Check and Employment Verification.