More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Commercial Jet
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/19/2019 1:55:50 PM
Reporting to the Director, Production Planning Control, the Production Supervisor oversee the running of the aircraft maintenance and overhaul production planning and control booths and man-hour budgets. In this capacity he/she will manage and team comprised of Planners, Maintenance Coordinators, Clerks, IPC and Parts Expeditor, to accomplish package/job card production and production planning and control to support large commercial aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Modification Services, in accordance with the workscope and company/FAA/EASA procedures.
- Oversee the Work Package Acceptance process in accordance with the company's policies and procedures. Ensure that all required documents are included in completed work packages prior to copying and filing records into company's archives, delivering originals to the Customer.
- Produce all relevant documentation from the Work Package and organize the planning boards in accordance with the Workscope.
- Oversee the development of production schedules and work statements identifying detailed facility requirements, manpower requirements, parts and material lists, tooling lists, third party services and specialized resources to ensure contractual commitments and production targets of the company are met.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with internal operations and support organizations to manage the plan in an efficient, effective and customer centric manner.
- Support operations departments with optimized production plans, job cards, drawings, manuals, standards and production management information systems. Ensure that all required documentation is supplied with the Task Cards in order to maximize efficiency in job execution by aircraft mechanics and technicians.
- Control paperwork to ensure thorough and accurate completion in full compliance with OEM MPDs, company/FAA/EASA procedures.
- Ensure all data is entered accurately into the company's information system in accordance with company's Work Order processes and procedures.
- Assist the Business Development department in developing work scopes, man hour estimates, schedules and production plans in development of customer contracts.
- Directly interface with business development, finance, operations, purchasing, stores and human resources in the development and execution of multiple/concurrent projects with diverse contract types.
- Assist Customer Liaison to ensure company procedures and processes are followed in providing finance all necessary supporting information to allow for accurate and timely preparation and submission of invoices.
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports and their subordinates to consistently deliver excellence in their undertaking as individuals and team players. To ensure commitment and accountability at all levels by maintaining a cohesive organization motivated to meet and exceed expectations. To hire, discipline and terminate employees as required.
- Provide on-the-job and formal training of department personnel in the proper performance of their assigned duties.
- Strive for continuous process improvements while ensuring compliance to FAA, safety (OSHA), legal and established corporate procedures, checks and balances. Drive efficiencies throughout the department and eliminate waste wherever possible.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required ensuring a smooth running of production planning control functions. Report to operations management any discrepancies and threats on a timely basis with the objective of resolving any issues and to avoid aircraft re-delivery delays.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Collaborate with all other managers in delivering the highest quality repair station service.
- Support the Director, Production Planning Control with other business activities as needed.
- To Lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
All Production booths are managed and controlled by the Production Planning and Control department. The manning of this department is necessary for all operations shifts.
The Production Supervisor plays a critical role as an internal service provider to the operations of the Company. He/she has a sense of urgency due to his/her deep appreciation of the importance of efficiently laying out the job boards, monitoring progress of all projects, tooling availability, delivery of parts and materials in order not to negatively impact an on-time re-delivery of aircraft, job profitability and the accurate completion and compliance of required documentation.
High School Diploma/GED or OJT. Undergraduate degree in Aviation Management or a mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant Ratings preferred.EXPERIENCE
: Minimum of ten years aviation experience required with management progression with two years in production planning and control preferred.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Extensive MPD knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Quick Aviation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different departments effectively.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload according to business demands.