More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Berry Aviation
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 7:13:28 PM
Supervises servicing, repairing, and overall maintenance of BAI aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure BAI aircraft are safe for flight. Ensures compliance to all FAA maintenance regulations and requirements. Requires a FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic license.
1. Directs and assigns Lead Mechanics and mechanics, as necessary, to accomplish all maintenance functions in accordance with the GMM.
2. Directs and assumes responsibility for quality and quantity of all aircraft maintenance work assigned.
3. Ensures proper completion of all Company forms for all work assigned, performed, and for the correct disposition upon completion.
4. Ensures maintenance personnel are only assigned duties for which they are specifically qualified. Takes appropriate action to upgrade personnel technical skills and qualifications where necessary.
5. Ensure their Line Maintenance Station has current technical data, tools, equipment and material necessary to accomplish routine and non-routine maintenance for which they are authorized.
6. Ensure that assigned Maintenance Personnel have the proper tools, equipment, and materials to perform assigned tasks.
7. Ensure that tools and equipment are serviceable and, where applicable, that they meet calibration requirements prior to their use.
8. Supervises all maintenance personnel to ensure efficiency in available manpower utilization.
9. Maintains the work areas, buildings and materials, which are utilized for aircraft maintenance, in a safe, clean and operative condition.
10. Ensures all tasks assigned are completed in accordance with manufacturer's manuals or other FAA accepted or approved data.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Operations.
Must have at least four years' experience in aircraft maintenance, one-year experience in a supervisory capacity;
At least 3 years' experience on at least 1 Type of aircraft that Berry Aviation operates.
Minimum certifications to perform essential functions of the job:
FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
Unique skills or certifications needed:
* Good working knowledge of the General Maintenance Manual
* Basic Computer skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of Aircraft maintenance, parts, inspection and wiring manuals. (How to navigate)
* Superior Knowledge of the FAR's
* Ability to delegate
* Detail oriented
* Ability to problem solve and make decisions