More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Air Wisconsin Airlines
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/27/2022 4:34:59 PM
Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines. Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and Central United States. Air Wisconsins team is dedicated to making our travelers experiences safe and pleasant.
The Systems Operation Control Duty Manager (SOC Duty Manager) is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operation of the airline is conducted in the most efficient manner, while ensuring safety and compliance is not compromised. This position provides daily airline operational control and guidance in the coordinated decision making process within the Crew Services, Dispatch, Maintenance Control, and Maintenance Planning functions of the SOC office. The SOC Duty Manager is also considered critical to managing a large group with varied roles, who is responsible for on-going performance management ensuring required KPIs and behaviors are achieved and maintained by the SOC staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment
- Strives for Maximize utilization of our fleet by coordinating with, Crew Services, Dispatch, Maintenance Control, Maintenance Planning, and other departments on cancellations, consolidations, special stops, delays, ferry flights, extra sections and other matters of day to day operations.
- Act as a Liaison with Sr. Leadership regarding operational updates.
- Management of all SOC areas to ensure they are functioning as one with communication and lines of authority maintained particularly during irregular operations.
- Proactively identify and develop strategies for irregular operations recovery- including leading operational conference calls when the operational stats dictate the need.
- Ensures that adequate staffing exists to handle the daily operation in all disciplines.
- Provides work direction to Dispatch Coordinators, Dispatchers, Crew Services Coordinators and Crew Schedulers.
- Supervises any emergencies that may occur in accordance with the Air Wisconsin Emergency Response Procedures.
- Participates or leads the daily system briefings.
- Develops procedures to be implemented for business continuity purposes.
- Develops and maintains workflow and communication procedures for all parties working within the SOC.
- Acts as a Liaison with each flying partners ATC Desk.
- Monitors accuracy of flight information as it pertains to our operation.
- Updates and maintains attendance and payroll records for Dispatch; provides input on employee evaluations.
- Ensures compliance of the TWU labor agreement.
- If qualified as ATS, perform competency checks as required.
- Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Dispatch, AP or Pilots license (preferred)
- Two to four years experience with Part 121 carrier, preferably in a supervisory capacity in a System Operations environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled