More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Confidential Part 135
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 9/15/2021 8:02:23 PM
We are looking for F/T Director of Maintenance. Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for supporting the safe, legal, and economical maintenance operation of company aircrafts to the highest standards. This position requires at least 3 years of Part 135 operation and management experience. (Preferred aircraft types are HS125, LR 60, C601, GIV and BD700).
This position is a Salaried-exempt position with salary dependent upon experience.
The work schedule will be flexible and based upon needs of service.Responsibilities
- Is responsible for assuring all company aircrafts are maintained in accordance with the FARs, company procedures, and manufacturer's recommendations
- Coordinating with Management and Ops for the scheduling of maintenance on Company's aircrafts
- Assuring that all maintenance policies and procedures are in compliance with all applicable FARs
- Assuring all aircrafts maintenance records are up to date
- Assuring the aircraft maintenance status board is current. He/She will ensure that the Form 1040, Aircraft Due List Summary is kept current for each aircraft, and is provided to all personnel responsible for operational control or the release of flights
- Is responsible that all outside maintenance facilities are qualified to perform the necessary maintenance, inspection or repair of company aircraft, as required by company maintenance procedures
- Is responsible each aircraft is returned to service with all required Maintenance sign-off in the aircraft Maintenance Discrepancy Log (Form 1003)
- Maintaining current files regarding Airworthiness Directives, Maintenance Procedures and Type Certificate Data
- Maintaining current technical data, manufacturer's maintenance manuals, service bulletins and related FAA materials
- Performs inspection countermanding procedures when required
- Maintains the weight and balance records for all aircrafts
- Assure the aircrafts have an airworthiness release when required
- Manages the MEL Program, in partnership with the Director of Operations
- Is responsible for the RII Inspection Program
- Maintain the highest level of quality, security and safety
- Promotes and facilitates continuous organizational improvement efforts through safety management principles and observance of best industry practices such as IS-BAO.
- Stays up to date on regulatory and industry developments as they pertain to aircraft maintenance and avionics techniques
- Work directly with aircraft owners regarding aircraft maintenance
- Perform routine aircraft maintenance on owned and managed fleet
- Successfully carry out extensive work in administration and management
- Ensure company activity is properly documented for regular monthly invoicing for services rendered
- Participate in the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constrains
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and power plant ratings and have a minimum of 3 years Part 135 operation experience
- Perform maintenance as needed
- Strong organizational, Interpersonal and Technical Skills required
- Valid US Passport
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
- Physically able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Will frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, and carry objects
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required
Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random Drug Screenings, Background Check, Credit Check, DMV Check and Employment Verification.