More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Advantage Aviation Technologies
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/23/2021 8:01:53 PM
The Chief Inspector oversees the overall operation of the AAT Inspection department including assuring compliance with and documenting FAA 145 Ratings and Operations Specifications. Serves as a lead for providing excellent service support to our customers as well as directing and orienting inspectors to execute their work in accordance to task requirements and in line with the Company Repair Station procedures and requirements, ensuring compliance to FAA/EASA regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all maintenance and alterations performed by this repair station are in accordance with the Ratings and Operations Specifications of the FAA 145 repair station.
- This is a \"hands on\" position.
- Trains, directs, supervises, and assists all personnel performing work under the repair station certificate as directed by the (Repair Station Accountable Manager).
- Ensures that all housing, facilities, equipment, materials, and data meet the applicable requirements for the certificate and ratings of this Repair Station.
- Determines equivalency of tools and equipment used by the repair station and documents that determination.
- Ensures all technical data provided in the instructions for continued airworthiness, service bulletins, service letters, airworthiness directives, government and industry standard practices and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA, are current and available to persons performing maintenance and alterations on articles.
- Ensures all inspectors are thoroughly familiar with the inspection methods, techniques, aids, tools, and equipment used within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures appropriate calibrations and checks are made on the tools and equipment used by the repair station (including technician's personal tools).
- Submits reports to the President/General Manager on failures, malfunctions, or defects.
- Reports any identified risks associated with the repair station to the President/General Manager.
- Manages repair station employee schedules to always ensure adequate staffing.
- Prioritizes daily activities within the repair station.
- Performs all actions required for Return to Service.
- Manages all Continuous Improvement efforts on behalf of the repair station as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager in line with AS9100, AS9110, ISO9000.
- Communicates as needed with internal external customers and the FAA as required.
- Meet with AAT Board members quarterly to provide updates on inspection dept.
- Update, revise, and make sure all manuals are current.
- Keep AAT Board members informed on any FAA status, Case Audit status, EASA status, Internal and external audit status
- Record calibration status of any and all mandatory tools and equipment
- Track drug program status and update any employee on random test needed.
Requirements: Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and/or technical Aviation studies strongly preferred.
- High School diploma or GED plus relevant certifications required at the minimum.
- Experience working in an FAA Repair Station that follows and complies with FAA 145 Ratings and Operations
- Must have at least a repairman's certificate.
- A minimum of one year experience in a management/supervisory role.
- A minimum of 3 years of inspection experience.
- Five years of experience at an airline or MRO strongly preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, as well as inspection methods,
techniques, and equipment used to determine the quality or airworthiness of an article undergoing maintenance, repair, or alterations.