More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Swift Air, LLC
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 8:13:37 PM
Swift Air is seeking a highly motivated Manager of Cargo who manages all activities relating to system wide cargo operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates (either Company or contract).
- Must have at least three years of supervisory experience in Part 121 cargo operations
- Must have at least two years of experience in ground services and cargo activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to the Director of Ground Services.
- Establish, implement and maintain all departmental policies and procedures,to insure all Company cargo operations are safe, efficient and in compliance with all applicable Company and governmental regulations.
- Has the authority to establish and modify the Carriage of Cargo, Load planning (Form OPS-COM-04) and Station Facilities processes.
- Is responsible for the work accomplished in the carriage of cargo process, flight/load manifest/weight balance control process and has the authority to direct persons to accomplish that work.
- Provide for the oversight and provisioning of ground handling services related to cargo operations from third party providers.
- Coordinate with Company personnel, customers, third party service providers and applicable government agencies to ensure contract/regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction in all aspects of the Company's cargo operations.
- Conduct periodic audits on all Company cargo operations.
- Produce, revise, and distribute all departmental training aids, directives,reports, forms, memos, etc. and is responsible for all departmental manuals.
- Ensure all personnel involved in Company cargo operations and/or ground handling of Company aircraft are properly trained.
- Evaluate training and performance records of employees (permanent or contract) to determine and formulate training designed to increase employee efficiency, safety, plus ensure compliance with all Company and governmental regulations.
- Maintain the Hazardous Materials Training Program for all applicable employees.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the safe and efficient handling of ULDs.
- Maintain control over all Swift's ULD equipment.
- Minimize opportunity for damage, and theft of ULD equipment.
- Ensure damaged ULDs or equipment is immediately removed from service, placarded and returned to the vendor/ company for repair.