More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lohman Helicopter
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 1/21/2020 4:41:12 PM
If you enjoy spending more nights at home in your own bed, then this is the job for you! Join the dynamic team at Lohman Helicopter and help support our helicopter crews throughout the Western US. In addition to flying you will be responsible for company safety programs and evaluation job/project sites. This position does require relocation to Lewiston, Idaho area (within 30 min) or Ramona, CA.
The fixed wing pilot is responsible for safely operating Piper Cheyanne I aircraft to facilitate the transport of company crews to and from projects. The fixed wing pilot will possess strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people, one-on-one and in large groups, sometimes in highly stressful situations. The fixed wing pilot will be required to work varied shifts and may be required to be available for on call shifts. Generally, all flights are scheduled in advance, though there will be "on call" last minute flights.
In addition to flight duties the candidate will perform duties as the company Safety Manager and will be responsible for directing and supporting the implementation of the station Safety Management System (SMS) and IS-BAO protocols. This position will formulate and administer safety policy and procedures to ensure conformity to company standards and compliance with regulatory requirements. We will help train and guide the right candidate regarding company safety until the candidate is able to perform duties independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation or related field
- Minimum 6 years' experience as a professional pilot
- Must hold a FAA Airline Transport Pilot certificate
- 3500 hours PIC time Airplane
- 2000 hours in an aircraft with retractable gear
- 1500 Turbine hours
- 1000 hours in a turboprop aircraft
- 500 hours instrument time
- 500 hours of unaided nighttime experience
- Cheyanne Series Experience is required
- IFR (poor weather) experience required
- Mountain experience preferred
- Current FAA First class flight physical
- Previous 135 Experience is Preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at different levels and from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds
- Self-motivated, disciplined with a can-do attitude
- Prepared to travel within operational Region, Fluency in both written and spoken English
- PC literate (WORD EXCEL)
Only qualified candidates need apply. This position does offer room for growth, not only with salary but aircraft as well.