Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
BDAs Program Management and Business Services (PMBS) group integrates and delivers functional support to enable execution, growth and business continuity. As part of this group, the Program Management (PM) Function collaborates with the Boeing Enterprise, BDA Programs, Capabilities and Functions to implement strategies and initiatives that enable excellence in the following areas:
- People Management: capability, capacity and talent management for our PM workforce
- Processes and tools: standardisation, best practice and governance to enable repeatable project success and agility
BDA is seeking anexperienced Project Manager to lead our PM Function. This is a key senior leadership role reporting to the Director of PMBS and directly supporting the BDA Executive Sponsor for PM. The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrates strong values-based leadership and advocates for diversity and inclusion
- Dynamic, innovative and curious with a strong future focus
- Team orientated, influential and engaging
- An excellent communicator who can build strategic cross-functional and cross-organisational relationships to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead, develop and engage employees and management teams in alignment with Boeing Behaviours and Enduring Values
- Lead the PM Function to deliver responsive and effective functional services that supports current business performance and grows future capability.
- Collaborate with Boeing global stakeholders and BDA Businesses, Capabilities and Functions to develop solutions that enable BDA strategy and organisational transformation
- Strategic vision and leadership to build BDAs future PM workforce capability
- Provide functional leadership for PM workforce, managing capacity and talent to support individual career development and business needs
- Credibility through demonstrated leadership experience in program execution (essential)
- Extensive experience in Project / Program Management (essential) with relevant tertiary qualifications (desirable).
- Leadership and relationship management experience within a matrix organisation (desirable)
- Experience leading or working in a PMO supporting a similar organisation would be highly regarded
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
How to apply
View the full Position Description and apply now.