More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 9/6/2019 7:00:42 PM
Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is recruiting for a Manufacturing Planner for our Space Launch Systems located in New Orleans, LA.
- Develops, implements and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives. Develops and integrates suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Reviews and approves supplier data to ensure manufacturing related requirements are met. Develops tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Manages tools from initial design to end of use disposition. Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues.
- Performs producibility assessments for part or product designs. Provides producibility input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules.
- Develops integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements. Works under general direction.
- Provides shipside support to manufacturing to ensure technical issues are resolved.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Associate’s Degree or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience is required.
- Knowledge in CAD/CAM software applications for build plan sequencing.
- Knowledge with electrical/mechanical manufacturing process and assembly sequencing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- BDS Engineering Internal Candidates Desired
- Experience with design engineering processes and effects to manufacturing
- Knowledge in Computer Added Manufacturing Processes
- Ability to work shipside with manufacturing support and manufacturing build team
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years related work experience, 8 years related work experience, etc.).