More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 3/3/2021 9:44:34 PM
Mississauga, ON (Canada); Brisbane, CA; or Bonita Springs, FL (USA) Why We Need You #8211; The Mission
ATP is a global information services and software company that exists to make flying safer and more reliable. Our products help reduce operating costs, improve aircraft reliability, and supports technical knowledge sharing and collaboration within the general and business aviation, military/defense, commercial aviation, and OEM industries. We have deployed solutions for multiple Fortune 100 companies, supporting more than 75,000 aircraft maintenance professionals worldwide. ATP has more than 7,500 customers in 137 countries, with nearly 50 years of experience in the information services and software industries. A few months ago, we acquired Flightdocs, a leading provider of cloud-based maintenance, inventory, and operations software.
We are looking for someone passionate about aviation maintenance #8211; you will build and lead the team responsible for ensuring that technicians, maintenance planners, and other ATP users have the most accurate, up to date information at their fingertips. What You'll Accomplish - Your Performance Objectives
Performance Objective #1:
Within your first 30 days,
- Work with the SVP of Services and Operations to hire a team of 5 SMEs and Analysts
- Assess the current quality review processes and queues, and start conducting reviews
- Provide SME coaching and consulting throughout the Operations team
Performance Objective #2
Within your first 3 months,
- Develop a detailed plan for the Data Quality department including
- training staff, including future cross training.
- transitioning all QA review work from other departments
- burndown plan for current queues
- Work with the other departments in Operations to define the new roles and responsibilities and cross-departmental workflows with the Data Quality team
- Set practical turnaround times for the various QA reviews to ensure accurate data is delivered to customers
- Identify and implement one or more #8220;quick wins#8221; to improve data quality
Performance Objective #3
Within your first 6 months,
- Launch a Data Quality Governance Committee
- Define KPIs and metrics to be tracked, both internal team/process performance and final data quality
- Work with other departments to define requirements for new workflow and content management tools
Requirements: Who We're Looking For - The Personal Competencies That Matter
Aviation Specialist: SME knowledge not only of the Aviation industry, but specifically aircraft maintenance regulations publications. Know the requirements for maintenance and inspection record entries. Understand, and more importantly, be able to explain to non-experts, OEM and component maintenance schedules and requirements, including P/N and S/N applicability.
Collaborates: This position will work together with many other departments, the handoff of projects depends on a tight collaboration of people, process and tools. It's important that you work with other leaders, while ensuring quality is not compromised.
Strategic Planning and Organization: You will be building a new department at ATP. That requires strategic thinking combined with strong planning and organization skills. You will need to create the vision while also building and executing the plan to get there.
High Standards: We are working with aviation regulatory and maintenance data that requires the highest standards. You should be passionate about quality and accuracy, and not accept results below a lofty standard.
Ability to Coach and Develop People: The best Director of Data Quality will develop their team while developing the new roles to ATP. They will also coach the overall operations team to continually build aviation knowledge and customer communication.
How we work #8211; The Core Values that Define Our Culture
We are at our best when we:
- are selfless team players. We work together to achieve our goals and we put the team ahead of ourselves.
- are driven to succeed exceed. We take pride in our work and in exceeding expectations.
- find a better way. By seeking to understand the challenge, we work to improve the process and solution.
- are simplifiers (not complicators). We focus on solutions and not obstacles. We take action and ownership. We gather the right people in the room and drive to a solution.