More Aviation Jobs!
Citation First Officer - Kingshill, St. Croix Virgin Islands (US), International
Company/Organization: Bohlke International Airways
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/25/2020 5:17:59 PM
Description: General Summary
The Citation First Officer shall serve as the SIC or co-pilot to support and assist the Captain of the Aircraft in the safe and efficient operations of the Aircraft. Individual in the role must meet duty time limitations, rest requirements, be qualified, current, dressed according to policy, and possess all required certificates, licenses, and permits. The First Officer shall also assume the responsibility and authority of the Captain if it becomes necessary during the flight. In addition, the First Officer shall assist with pre-flight and post flight inspections, processes and documentation as requested and required by the Captain. The First Officer works under the general supervision of the Chief Pilot and Director of Operations DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
* Support the Captain in ensuring the safety of the passengers, crewmembers, cargo, and the aircraft and perform all duties as required and requested.
* Must comply with all Federal Aviation Regulations, Company Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, and Company Policies and Procedures.
* No consumption of any alcoholic beverage including beers for a period of at least 12 hours prior to report to duty time.
* May confirm or assist in confirming passenger's travel authorization for assigned flight.
* May perform or assist in performing a complete pre-flight inspection.
* Verify or assist in verifying contents of Flight Kit and Minimum Equipment List prior to flight.
* Assist in preparing flight records and required updates, Report any aircraft maintenance discrepancies in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
* Notify Captain of the failure of any required navigational equipment during flight; comply with Captain's instructions.
* Must maintain current Medical Certification and provide copy for flight records.
* Report and complete required training and re-training as required and requested.
* Must be able to freely enter and exit all international borders.
* Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by, the Chief Pilot or Leadership.
Requirements: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing clear and concise documents.
* Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to learn and retain large volumes of information.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis
* Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Must have Commercial Pilot rating with instrument rating
* Based on St. Croix USVI or willing to relocate for duration of contract.
* Must have a Medical Certification, First Class preferred
* 1000 hours total flight time; Minimum of 100 hours multi engine.
* Must be highly knowledgeable of the General Operations Manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and Procedures, and other pertinent information relating to this duty.
* Must successfully complete training programs, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements.
* Must successfully complete simulator check ride.
* Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must be eligible to travel to all international destinations.
* Must be eligible to work in the US.
* Part 135 experience preferred.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting check and a background check.