More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 9/9/2019 1:56:16 PM
The Government Training Systems and Services SEIT capability within Training Systems and Professional Services is seeking a First Line Level K manager to lead a systems engineering team performing system requirements, design and integration of the P-8 Aircrew Training System. The selected individual will lead an engineering team in meeting P-8 Training System device deliveries and upgrades to the USN, RAAF, India, UK and other future international customers.
Duties will include:
- Personnel and Team Development
- Manage expectations, performance, and compensation of direct reports located in Orlando, FL; Jacksonville, FL; St. Louis, MO; and other remote sites.
- Coach employees on technical, functional, team skills, and career goals.
- Support hiring activities and staffing to plan across multiple sites.
- Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision making.
- Lead a team of engineers in product design and development.
- Work closely with the other Systems Engineering managers, Senior Program Managers and external customers. Interface with software, hardware, IT, and supplier teams as required.
- Support project planning and status activities including proposals, estimates, scheduling, and business systems status inputs for multiple contracts and deliveries.
- Understand, support, and apply agile principles, practices, and processes.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. The position also requires:
- Ability to organize complex projects.
- Ability to report on plans and procedures.
- Ability to lead virtual teams.
- Experience in leading engineering teams.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Engineering related field.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- P-8 or P-3 experience is desired, as well as experience with one or more areas of Project Management, Supplier management.
- Systems Requirements and Architecture, Software, Hardware Development and/or Integration Test.
- Experience working the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or other agile development experience and
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) is also desired.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Occasional travel (10) may be required in support of the program and customer.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.