More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Pratt Whitney
Job Type: Permanent
United States of America
PW205: PW Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA
Pratt Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, industrial gas turbines and space propulsion systems. companys 36,000 employees support more than 11,000 customers in 195 countries around the world.
The Pratt Whitney Amercon (PW Amercon) is a fast-paced, high-volume organization that delivers a complex and technically superior product. As a Center of Excellence for Turbine Airfoils, PW Amercon has a very strong and challenging future. We are focused on implementing cutting edge manufacturing technology to produce the latest in Turbine Airfoil designs for new engine programs like Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) and Next Generation Part Family (NGPF) while continuing to retain competitive advantage. The organization needs to ensure material is delivered on-time, with flawless quality and at cost.
PW Amercon is looking for an Operations Quality Manager to lead the Operations Quality organization.
This position will report to the Hot Section Module Center Quality Manager.
- Leading organization in ensuring product and process compliance by providing guidance and direction with regards to quality systems and requirements
- Working closely with PW Amercons Operations Management team to meet short term customer requirements while implementing business strategies in support of long term demands
- Provide leadership to solve value stream quality challenges to ensure site success and customer satisfaction
- Overseeing management of bench, CMM and NDT inspectors to ensure cross training, overtime and productivity goals are achieved.
- Attract, develop and mentor diverse talent in Operations Quality
- Foster and maintain a cooperative relationship with our key regulatory customers. (FAA DCMA)
- Drive product and process improvements that ensure Module Center’s quality metric goals are met (Escapes, Scrap, Rework and Process Cert)
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through the use of ACE tools to implement change that sustains ACE Gold performance and supports the Module Center’s Lean Transformation plan
- Create a safe work environment by promoting a safe culture and driving EHS improvements that reduce ergonomic and other injury risks on inspection processes
- Lead the implementation of new inspection technologies that achieve process, reliability and productivity improvements
- At least 8 years of experience in Quality, Manufacturing and/or Engineering with a minimum of 5 years in the aerospace industry
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- An understanding of PW Quality Procedures, Quality Management Systems, AS9100 and Regulatory Agency Requirements
- Bachelors in Engineering or related technical field; MS or MBA highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers (DCMA, FAA)
- Knowledge and experience with Six Sigma and process control tools
- Experience in using ACE tools to make process improvements in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead projects, develop and mentor other leaders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to facilitate and motivate teams
- Experience in supervising bargaining unit hourly associates is highly desired
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms