More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/6/2021 9:30:38 PM
* Oversees and participates in the development of performance, efficiency and product quality standards for all production cells/service operations. Provides guidance to operations managers / supervisors regarding the coordination of business unit standards with overall company objectives.
* Coordinates and liaises with quality assurance, engineering, materiel, customer service, sales, finance, production, etc. to resolve difficult or continuing problems and ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
* Monitors and analyzes output, cycle times, routings, labor, quality, staffing, facility usage, budget, financial performance, etc. for all cells/service operations and oversees and participates in the resolution of problems or reinforcement of positive findings.
* Conducts regular capacity planning of equipment, floor space and manpower required based on forecast arisings.
* Participates in strategic business planning activities for manpower, equipment and facilities to achieve forecast sales levels.
* Conducts studies to ensure the business unit operations/SBU service operations continue to operate in a cost-effective manner as technological, legal, regulatory, policy and product changes are implemented.
* Controls production costs by setting production standards and implementing methods improvements and cost saving programs. Plans and directs changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
* Formulates, recommends and implements policies and programs to guide the corporation in maintaining and improving the competitive position and profitability of the operation.
* Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
* Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
* Supports the production planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, sales mix, inventory requirements and materials availability (S OP).
* Ensures that direct reports have completed detailed day-to-day operations plan and have assigned manpower and overtime to maximize the cells utilization.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Working knowledge of PCs in the current company operating system environment.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
* Working knowledge of company instructions, company processes, administrative policies and procedures, and export compliance regulations.
* Four-year degree in engineering, business administration or a related discipline (CIM, CPIM, APICS); or equivalent work experience.
* Several years of management experience in a manufacturing and/or remanufacturing environment.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 6,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $3 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.