More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/1/2020 2:08:21 PM
The Logistics Manager Senior is responsible for managing logistics functions and providing technical guidance in support of construction, operational readiness, supply chain management, transportation, and draw-down activities within the area of operations.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Manage and implement effective logistics programs and processes to ensure continued success in customer satisfaction
- Utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues effecting the customer, staff, or senior management.
- Ensure safety methods, practices and program are implemented and maintained.
- Lead logistical efforts in support of training initiatives for the program.
- Maintain performance statistics and ensure accurate recordkeeping of all operational documents. Integrate logistics operations with other key functional areas
- Plan, direct, and monitor assigned department compliance with International Standardization Organization (ISO) procedures, government regulations, company policies, and applicable standards
- Ensure optimal source of supply is pursued across the project and considers lead times, cost avoidance, and government acquisition requirements as well as ensuring supply visibility is promoted from initial request to point of customer receipt
- Manage logistical support of pricing efforts for Business Development Develop and brief performance reports; create task forces to identify and correct areas of concern
- Manage daily activities of staff members to ensure compliance with corporate, contractual, and legal requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR), and other government requirements In-depth knowledge of logistical administration and cost controls
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Microsoft applications.
- Additional knowledge and skill requirements may vary by assignment
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in logistics, purchasing, supply chain management, major subcontracting management, or similar work with at least three (3) years in a managerial role
- Proven technical experience in interpretation and use of logistics automated systems
- Strategic experience in project planning, development, and execution
- Bachelor's Degree in logistics, business, or associated discipline; may substitute two (2) additional years of experience in related field for each year of college
- Additional experience and education requirements may vary by assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- CONUS: Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
- OCONUS: Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions