The Boeing Company is seeking a Space Communications Mesh Network Lead Architect (Level 5) to join a project team to develop complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications for government customers. This position is a Lead Architect for the development of communications mesh networks for highly distributed space systems that are scalable, resilient, cyber secure, and operational across multiple security layers.
You will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle, including architecture development, requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test, and operations . The successful candidate will be leading system level network design, development, verification, and operations activities.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in ground and space network architectures
- Lead network architecture design, development, requirements definition, interface definition, analysis, functional decomposition, and CONOPS activities.
- Lead network trade studies and briefings.
- Collaborate with customers, suppliers, and internal multi-disciplinary teams.
- Lead network verification, validation, integration and test planning and execution (including functional validation as well as formal requirements sell-off).
- Lead risk reduction activities and issue resolution.
- Support technology development and insertion.
- Mentor junior systems engineers and review their work for quality.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 10+ years of network architectures in the Space Domain.
- 10+ years of experience in standardized Network Protocols and Services (i.e. TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, etc.).
- 10+ years of experience in industry standard routing principles (RIP, OSPF, VPN, IPSEC, Static Routing, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML.
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Cloud Architecture
- SW Development experience associated with Network Services and/or network control desired.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors 14 or more years experience, Masters with 12 or more years experience or PhD with 9 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.