More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Southern Airways Express
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/23/2021 8:39:34 PM
This is a wonderful opportunity to lead our staff and operations on the beautiful island of Nantucket. And you can commute to work from EWB-New Bedford Regional Airport. Candidates who know airport regulations and love to provide excellent customer service will enjoy working in this position.
JOB DESCRIPTION: STATION MANAGER
FLSA STAUS: EXEMPT
REPORT TO: REGIONAL MANAGER
SUPERVISES: CROSS UTILIZED AGENTS
The ideal candidate:
- Must provide leadership and direction to station staff.
- Ensures the effective utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Serves as the liaison to the corporate headquarters.
- Must be familiar with and able to enforce corporate and regulatory standards.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and manner and set a good example for staff.
- Must be experienced in diffusing stressful situations.
- Must be detail oriented.
General duties include:
- Knowledge and experience in all duties and responsibilities of an airport customer service agent.
- Ensuring FAA, Airline, and airport regulations are followed.
- Enforcing safety/security measures and protecting sensitive zones.
- Ensuring excellent customer service is extended to all.
- Serving as a liaison with the local business community.
- Serving as a resource for the company's business development program by helping to identify local customers, events, and activities which could be targets for growth.
- Requisitioning and accounting for all supplies need to operate the station properly and efficiently.
- Capably responding to and accommodating changing operating conditions.
- Ensuring all equipment, fixtures and facilities are properly maintained and in good working order.
- Determining staffing levels and appropriately scheduling staff within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensuring employee conduct and personal appearance are maintained to company standards.
- Ensuring all station personnel are properly trained and supervised; ensuring that discipline is administered fairly and appropriately in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintaining accurate records as required for timely completion of all reports and correspondence.
- Ensuring that all procedural changes are communicated, and that company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Investigating and reporting incidences, accidents, or any irregularities.
- Ensuring checklists, guidelines and other directives are properly posted and that staff comply.
- Reviewing and auditing the station's monthly performance and making appropriate adjustments, as necessary.
- Ensuring station and staff follow all local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a constant awareness of airport conditions and communicating them with the corporate offices.
- Ensuring that emergency response procedures meet the station's needs.
- Acting as liaison between any station vendors or contractors and corporate offices to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Handling miscellaneous tasks relating to the station operations, customer service, and community engagement.
- Any other duties as requested by direct reports.
* Great customer service attitude and a willingness to #8220;find a way#8221; as opposed to #8220;I can't,#8221; where applicable.
* Working knowledge of Airport ramp, operations, and customer service positions; ability to perform all the duties of an airport customer service agent. Willing to perform all duties and tasks of those supervised.
* Prior supervisory experience.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
* Computer skills #8211; ability to learn reservation and phone systems, proficient with a PC.
* Basic math abilities.
* Ability to work within a 24/7 operation including holidays.
* Ability to pass 10-year background check and pre-employment drug screen per airline regulations.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Authorized to work in the U.S. per the Immigration Act of 1986.
* Must be able to lift 70-pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 70 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet
* Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting, and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time.
* Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform duties.