Primarily responsible for the development and capture of government aviation services opportunities with the United States Navy and Marine Corps for Ericksons Defense and National Security (DNS) business unit. Support business strategy and plans for the growth and diversification of Manufacturing, Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (M/MRO) in our Mission Support Solutions (MSS) business segment. The key objectives of this position are to position the company to win new work, expand our network, and grow work in other areas of the Navy and USMC. This position will focus on front end sales activities through capture, proposal, and bid processes.
- Actively pursue opportunities on two recently won MAC contract vehicles; shape opportunities and win new contracts at the Task Order (TO) level.
- Develop and foster professional Industry networks for potential partnership on TO opportunities on MAC contracts.
- Engage customer base and deepen customer intimacy of assigned accounts to include PMAs, DLA, NAVSUP and operational Wings, Groups, and Squadrons.
- Strongly supports business development activities for DNS Mission Support Solutions that includes Defense MRO programs in the area of Planned Maintenance Intervals, Modifications, Repair, Special Rework and Reset.
- Develops near-term and long-range business development objectives in concert with stakeholders.
- Works closely with the DNS executive team to set strategic growth objectives and initiatives to reach these objectives.
- Executes business development strategies and initiatives.
- Provides timely and accurate progress reports, analysis of market and competitive trends in order to provide an overall view of business development as measured against set goals and objectives.
- Assists compliance with all relevant regulations, policies and applicable laws; accountable for companys compliance with Code of Ethics principles and company standards. (FAR, FCPA, ITAR, SCA as examples)
- Promotes safety via strong safety and training programs and communications for immediate team, business partners, and Company employees.
- Plays an active role in bid and proposal process for all DNS business pursuits.
- Frequently operate a computer, computer software and standard office equipment.
- Work in an office environment with occasional hangar or manufacturing environments
- Consistent communications via phone, email and in-person.
- Drive Company/rental vehicles when necessary.
- A minimum of 15 years' relevant government, defense, or applicable industry experience in business development or program management.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field is required with a master's preferred.
- Demonstrated experience successfully pursuing new business opportunities or guiding government acquisition programs and strategies.
- Outstanding communication and customer relationship skills are a must, and the ability to balance operational business requirements with internal/external customer needs will be critical.
- Prior experience with Navy and/or USMC, Department of Defense (DOD), Special Operations, or equivalent industry support.
- Understanding of the government procurement process is required. Service in government acquisition specialty highly desired.
- Prior capture management experience desired, but not required.
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Safety and Work Environment ' Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Values Charter 'Safety: Above all else'.
- Effective Communication ' Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork ' Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments ' Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change ' Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
'We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.'