More Aviation Jobs!
Citation Captain - Kingshill, St. Croix Virgin Islands (US), International
Company/Organization: Bohlke International Airways
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/25/2020 5:17:59 PM
Description: General Summary
The Citation Captain is responsible for the safe and effective operations of the assigned aircraft in compliance with the FAA specifications and Company operations manual. Individual must meet duty time limitations, rest requirements, be qualified, current, dressed according to policy, and possess all required certificates, licenses, and permits. In addition, the Captain shall complete all pre-flight and post flight inspections, processes and documentation. The Captain shall report to the Chief Pilot and Director of Operations. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
* Assume primary responsibility for the safety of the passengers, crewmembers, cargo, and the airplane and perform all duties using your best judgement.
* Must comply with all Federal Aviation Regulations, Company Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, and Company Policies and Procedures.
* No consumption of any alcoholic beverage including beers for a period of at least 12 hours prior to report to duty time.
* Confirm all present passengers are authorized to travel on the assigned flight
* Perform a complete pre-flight inspection, inclusive of a physical fuel check.
* Verify contents of Flight Kit and Minimum Equipment List prior to flight.
* Remain at Captain's Station while the aircraft is taking off or landing and during air travel unless absence is necessary for the performance of duties.
* Ensure flight and duty records are updated, determine eligibility for the next flight assignment and ensure any aircraft maintenance discrepancies are reported in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
* Notify ATC of the failure of any required navigational equipment during flight; comply with ATC instructions.
* Participate proactively in safety and quality systems by identifying, reporting and mitigating hazards and quality issues; providing timely input to management; and applying systems processes to address quality and safety issues.
* Must maintain current Medical Certification and provide copy for flight records.
* Report and complete required training and re-training as required and requested.
* Must be able to freely enter and exit all international borders.
* Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by, the Chief Pilot or Leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing clear and concise documents.
* Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to learn and retain large volumes of information.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis
* Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Must have Airline Transport Pilot Rating ATP (English Proficient).
* Based on St. Croix USVI or willing to relocate for duration of contract.
* Must have First Class Medical Certification
* 2500 hours total time flight; Minimum of 500 multi engine
* Minimum of 250 hours Jet time or turbine
* 3-5 years' experience working in a twin turbine aircraft
* 1-3 years' experience working in a multi crew aircraft.
* 1-3 years' international work experience.
* 1-3 years' experience working as corporate, military, or commercial airline pilot.
* Must be highly knowledgeable of the General Operations Manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and Procedures, and other pertinent information relating to this duty.
* Must successfully complete training programs, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements.
* Must successfully complete simulator check ride.
* Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have a valid Passport.
* Must be eligible to work in the US.
* Part 135 experience preferred
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting check and a background check.