More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/8/2020 7:21:07 PM
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This Contract Management Specialist position provides senior level Contract Management support to the Maritime Undersea business area with the Boeing Autonomous Systems division in Huntington Beach, CA.
This position is a key member of the Autonomous Systems Contracts Team responsible for leading various Contracting actions to include tasks such as developing and negotiating timely and quality complex proposals leading to the contract administration / execution of these transactions.
- Exercises signature authority in negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies and the licensing of intellectual property to support company strategies.
- Presents business solutions to preserve and expand the business.
- Represents the company in external negotiations to a diverse set of customers including but not limited to the US Government, international, commercial entities and public/private institutions.
- Authority to prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements for The Boeing Company including but not limited to sales and acquisition agreements, master agreements, delivery and post-delivery obligations, industrial participation agreements, financing arrangements, leases, contractual disputes, intellectual property licenses and agreements.
- Coordinates and consults with other internal functional disciplines. Summarizes contractual issues, develops creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation.
- Coordinates flow-down and flow-up of prime terms and conditions with supplier management. Facilitates prompt payment and support achievement of company financial goals and objectives. Acts as focal for audits as required.
- Serves as prime consultant and external spokesperson for the company on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
This position requires a keen sense of urgency while maintaining a mindset that promotes leadership, safety, first time quality, working to emphasize speed and agility, honesty and candor.
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance, with a current SSBI. (An SSBI investigation date within the past 5 years is considered active.)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires a Current and active Top Secret and/or SCI Clearance with a current SSBI. An SSBI investigation date within the past 5 years is considered active.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in contract formation, proposal development, negotiation, change management and execution/administration of complex USG contracts and/or subcontracts under USG primes.
- Significant experience working with the U.S. Government Federal Acquisition Regulations, agency supplements and contracting processes for proposals and contract execution.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree and typically 10 or more years related work experience, a Masters degree and typically 8 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform with a significant amount of autonomy and exercise good judgment in determining objectives and approaches to assignments is desired
- Ability to advise all levels of management on contractual rights and obligations, risk avoidance and mitigation, strategy, and problem solving is desired.
- Ability to mentor and guide less experienced personnel is desired.
- Bachelors and typically 10 or more years related work experience, a Masters degree and typically 8 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.