More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Bombardier Aviation
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 10/14/2021 2:47:34 PM
Customer Liaison Pilot-HAR00306Description
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Argentina, Brazil, Aruba, Guernsey and Mexico. The facility has received 21 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will:
The primary roll of the Customer Liaison pilot is to be the primary liaison between Bombardier and the customer. This relationship is promoted by authorizing of standards and operational procedures developed internally with the Bombardier Training Services, Bombardier Tech Pubs, Customer Response Center, and Entry-into-Service. CLPs also liaise with CAE, our primary training provider.
In addition to developing and maintaining those relationships, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of BBAD Flight Ops demonstration aircraft and operating procedures. You will be Responsible for the safe conduct of demonstration flights on worldwide flying operations, in accordance with Bombardier policies and Federal Aviation Administration regulations.
Primary Role: This position is located at the Bombardier Aerospace located in Hartford, CT- this opportunity will be conducted mainly onsite with flight as needed.
- Adhere to General Work Requirements
- Act as the main point of contact for our operators on operational and pilot-related technical queries for the aircraft fleet. Be the company Operational Focal for the assigned series aircraft.
- Define, establish and promote Bombardier Operational Standards.
- Provide direct support to customers and coordinate responses for queries with internal groups (Engineering, Programs, Production).
- Provide operational expertise to other internal departments (Operational Evaluation Team, Customer Response Center, In-Service Engineering group, Field Service Representatives, Technical Publications and others.
- Provide pilot support for internal operational flights and for customer missions such as Functionality Confidence flights Entry into Service (direct and indirectly).
- Participate in or steer key projects in areas such as operational evaluations, operational safety practices or enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Participate in all Type assigned meetings and act as moderator for Flight Operations sub-committee activities.
- Present special topics at Advisory Committees, Maintenance and Operators Conferences, and trade shows (NBAA, EBACE).
- Perform duties of Second in Command when so assigned
- Conduct any given flight with the highest regard to safety of the crew, passengers, cargo, and equipment
- Comply with all federal regulations and departmental policies
- Learn the role of flight operations pilot as follows:
- Complete the indoctrination training as stated in the Flight Operations Manual
- Obtain a type rating on a company product
- Understand the contents of the Flight Operations Manual
- Understand the Safety Management System concept
- Fly in the North American theatre of operations
- Being introduced to international operations
- Complete collateral duties as assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief Pilot
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an ATP and TC license
- You have 3500 hours Total Flight Time
- You have 2500 hours multi-engine Turbine
- You have Type rating on Bombardier Business Aircraft
- You have a FCC Radio Permit
- You have ability for unrestricted world-wide travel
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
- You have presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with customers and all levels of management
- You have planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload
- You must be able to work in an environment subject to varying climatic conditions and varying levels of cabin pressurization
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate IPad, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, and web-based applications
- You have ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (If applicable)
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.