More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: STS Technical Services
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 1/21/2020 4:08:04 PM
STS Technical Services is hiring Professional Project Managers in Atlanta, Georgia.
The scope of the Industrialization Safety Project Manager for the Engine Shop includes, but is not limited to:
- The development and successful implementation of sustainable Occupational Safety and Environmental processes relative to existing DAL policies and procedures during and following construction and shop operations start up.
- Maintain a visible presence to the operation by way of the performance of site visits and assessments as well as the attendance at project strategy and timeline meetings as facilitated by the PMO (Project Management Office).
- Ensure all SSE (Safety, Security and Environmental) activities as noted on the project charter align with applicable company and regulatory standards and directives.
- Respond and provide professional guidance respective to SSE topics to all stakeholders (shop personnel, shop Leadership, senior Leadership, etc.)
- Drive and influence a safety culture that promotes voluntary reporting and drives a zero-non-compliance environment.
- Perform all aspects of the SRM (Safety Risk Management) process to include:
- Safety Risk Analysis o Initial Risk Assessment
- Pre/Post Use Analysis for machinery
- Evaluate existing and implement new JSA (Job Safety Analysis) for shop specific tasks being performed.
- Design Safety performance and injury prevention training which align with TOSSE procedures and processes.
- Implement clear environmental programs for the shop which align with current policies relating to:
- ENV Water Programs o Spill Prevention o Storm Waste Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Air Programs including: Atlanta Title V, Hazardous Waste
- Manage the evaluation and mitigation of plans that contribute to the development of an Environmental Risk Index (ERI)
- As directed, interfaces with Corporate Safety, Corporate Environmental, Legal, Corporate Communications, Training, HR, and any external business contact necessary to accomplish the roles and responsibilities of this job scope.
- As directed, works with regulatory agencies such as EPA, Georgia EPD, OSHA and FAA to maintain compliance; this includes assisting during any on-site inspection.
- Represents, by directive, the Safety or Environmental Manager in cross divisional meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and/or Environmental related subject is preferred.
- Applied knowledge of regulatory standards including:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field (5+ years is preferred)
- Candidates who have completed a Nationally recognized Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) certification are preferred
- Candidates with Six Sigma certification are preferred
- Thorough understanding of aircraft systems and processes is desired in order to effectively evaluate an assess operational risks and identify potential compliance infractions.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and successfully meet all deliverable dates.
- Project Management Certification is also preferred. These certifications include one or more of the following:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) o Professional in Project Management (PPM)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) o Certified Project Manager (CPM) o Associate in Project Management (APM)
- Master Project Manager (MPM)
- SIDA BADGE WITH DRIVING IS REQUIRED
About STS Technical Services:STS Technical Services
is a Top 100 Staffing Firm
that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.