More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 1/15/2020 3:30:34 PM
Description: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain attendance records of assigned crew .
- Audit and approve weekly work records of assigned work group .
- Ensure assigned work groups accountability to conduct themselves within the guidelines of company policies, work rules, and regulatory regulation.
- Monitor performance and complete proficiency appraisals of assigned work group .
- Evaluate vacation requests against scheduling I manpower requirements and respond as needed.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and other to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the Company Team Member Safety Manual.
- Manage operations in the most effective manner eliminating waste and improving productivity .
- Provide coaching, counseling, and guidance to assigned work group .
- Maintain and track budgets as set by Project Manager. Communicate problem areas and resolve conflicts and discrepancies.
- Perform any disciplinary actions required within assigned work group in compliance with established guidelines.
- Attend meetings as needed to discuss critical path areas, planned work, critical parts, and overall aircraft status.
- Interact with Project Manager to set and prioritize daily activities and set aircraft delivery schedule.
Prepare all customer and Company reports to provide a daily update to the Project Manager of the following items:
- Planned man-hours on a/c that day.
- Man hours expend on previous day plan vs. actual and variance.
- Percentage of routine and non-routine items open and completed.
- Areas that may affect the release date of the aircraft to include parts, engineering and lengthy elapsed time work orders.
- All items which exceed or are approaching their estimates
- Non-routine items identifies in order of priority, which require estimates from the production Team Leaders.
- The Production Supervisor will control, with the assistance from the production Leads, the aircraft visibility work boards and/or work booths indicating the work remaining and work in progress.
- Must be completely aware and communicate clearly the progression of all work on the aircraft and how it interfaces with all skills.
- Coordinate with the Planning Department to establish project schedule(s), set goals, and establish budget(s).
- Organize and set-up aircraft work package in booth according to project schedule.
- Assist Project Manager in coordinating with all support groups to ensure they are supporting the aircraft schedule.
- Coordinate with the inspection Department during the primary inspection phase to ensure the plan is followed and during delivery to ensure paperwork accountability.
- Monitor budget daily to ensure the budget is being maintained. Review tallied operations daily for completion, overruns, parts usage daily, and closes items as required.
- Prepare financial overviews for the Project Manager and DOM-trend analysis on delivery costs, safety, quality, and cycle time.
- Assist Project Manager in billing the service order within the five (S) day goal after the aircraft departure.
- Perform a daily area inspection to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform periodic toolbox inspections.
- Monitor confined space compliance.
- Monitor LOTO procedures for compliance.
- Ensure all PM FAA regulations are adhered to.
- Participate in aircraft investigations to help find root causes and develop corrective actions.
- Complete accident investigation and follow-up as needed.
- Perform periodic in-process audits of assigned crew.
- Meet with Leads daily to maintain detailed shift turnover
- Assign the proper manpower to perform work assignments.
- Ensure that technical t raining is provided to employees as needed.
- Ensure mechanics are using correct reference data to perform maintenance tasks.
- Ensure all required parts are ordered and tracked .
- Provide the Project Manager with accurate data, estimates, and assist with the planning of projects.
- Aviation I Business Degree or equivalent aviation experience preferred .
- Five (5)+ years' experience performing as an accomplished aircraft mechanic with progression of responsibilities or have previous Production Supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Capable of interpreting drawings and blueprints to accomplish a specific task .
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills and be able to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Advanced computer skills (knowledge of MS Office programs, such as Word, Excel) are preferred
- A P License Required
- Airframe License or Repairman's Certificate
Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done wellDedicated:
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Inspired to perform without outside help