More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Triumph Group
Job Type: Permanent
Position: Program Management Manager
Department: Program Office
Location: Triumph Geared Solutions – Macomb
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Program Management for our Macomb, MI Location.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to manage a small team of Program Managers, work with minimal direction, has strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, and has the ability to successfully collaborate across organizations and functions. This is a working level Program Manager position that also manages other Program Managers.
The Program Manager acts as a business liaison to ensure that the program activities are managed in accordance with the contract requirements and is the company’s primary representative for customer communication. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring customer specifications are maintained throughout the manufacturing process and coordinates all changes regarding schedule, engineering, planning, and cost in reference to the original contact. The Program Manager must be able to work at an optional level in a fast pace, high stress environment. The Manager of Program Management performs all of these duties as well as leading the Program Management organization for the site. The Manager of Program Management acts as a liaison between the Program Management organization and the Site Leadership Team and provides an escalation path for Programmatic issues.
• Lead assigned cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) including operations, engineering, test, quality, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure proactive focus on program requirements, quality, deliveries, and customer satisfaction.
• Manage and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to capture and prioritize day to day activities and actions to ensure schedule adherence
• Act as the primary point of contact with the assigned Customer/Program, improving the customer relationship and working with them for additional and follow-on business
• Act as the primary point of contact for the Program Management organization to the Site Leadership Team. Provide regular program status reports to various levels of management
• Update and maintain program metrics (e.g. on-time delivery, scope and change management, budget, etc) for assigned programs and for the site.
• Work with other functions to identify defect trends associated with assigned programs and take actions to reduce/eliminate the defects
• Ability to lead an organization, providing guidance, support, and coaching to employees
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated work ethic
• Ability to take the initiative to become involved in activities to help resolve problems and make improvements
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience in Program Management
• 2+ years of people management experience
• Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• 7+ years of experience in Program Management
• 5+ years of people management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM)
• Master’s Degree
• AS9100 Experience
• Compliance and Regulatory experience
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).