More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: SkyWest Airlines
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/5/2022 3:31:32 PM
SkyWest Airlines, the largest independently owned regional airline, is currently in search of individuals who take pride in seeing a job done well and are ready to take on new challenges and opportunities. Come join our team in Dodge City, KS! This hub will serve Dodge City and the surrounding areas as it provides daily flights connecting it to locations across the country and world. As the General Manager, you will be leading a team of airline professionals as you seek to provide an excellent customer experience and maintain an efficient, safe, and on-time airline.
As a SkyWest employee, you will be part of an exciting team spread across the nation that loves working in the travel industry and sharing their enthusiasm with the passengers. From the seasoned traveler to the first time flier, we want to make it a great experience. Aside from being a part of this incredible network of individuals, SkyWest employees enjoy a full range of benefits, including:
- 401K with company matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Quarterly profit sharing and performance bonuses
- Unparalleled travel benefits for you and your family with one or more of our four mainline partners
Primary Job Duties
As the new General Manager, you will set the tone for the entire Dodge City operation as you strive to uphold SkyWests guiding principles of health and safety first, respect and teamwork, excellent service and quality, and personal and operational reliability. You will lead with these principles as you:
- Provide direction, guidance, and motivation for all station personnel
- Oversee daily flights and levels of efficiency for the entire operation
- Maintain strong communication with all SkyWest departments, vendors, and associated agencies
- Manage and maintain accounting practices, budgets, inventory and training requirements
- Ensure compliance with all SkyWest and Partner operating standards and procedures
- Responsible for compliance with all governing rules and regulations regarding safety and security in the airline industry
Salary will be commensurate to experience and city category classification. Moving and relocation expenses may apply.
Candidates should be driven, dedicated, well-rounded professionals, with a wide range of management and customer service abilities. As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have previous airline experience in an airport operation in supervisory, management, or administrative capacity
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organization skills
- Are passionate about leadership and customer service and possess strong people and employee-relations skills
- Are self-motivated/goal oriented
- Have the ability to travel for company business and training meetings as needed
- Preferred: Possess general knowledge and understanding of SkyWest Airlinesrsquo; policies and procedures
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement background check and drug screen
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Physical and Other Requirements
- Please complete the online application. Those candidates selected for interview will be contacted with further information as to meeting date/time/location.
- This job posting may have an additional video interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.