More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Innovative Solutions Support, Inc.
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/28/2020 8:31:06 PM
Looking for an Avionics Program Manager to join our team in Exton, PA. Recent college graduate preferred.
- In conjunction with Engineering, create complex Microsoft Project plans for large programs to include resources, deliverables and budgets
- Identifies risks and develops risk mitigation strategies for assigned programs.
- Manages customer relationships; serves as the primary interface with all levels within a customer as well as internal multi-disciplinary resources
- Manages development programs for complex avionics systems with significant embedded software content
- Performs Earned Value analysis.
- Conducts weekly program reviews with the development team and identify and implement corrective actions as required. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives.
- Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
- Drives completion of programs on schedule and within budget while meeting technical requirements and customer expectations.
- Interfaces with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed and implements same. Identifies or gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
- Participates in discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level. Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to ensure product meets client needs and specifications.
- Manages client project/senior management, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and interpreting project metrics.
- Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
- BS Degree in Engineering required
- PMP Certification preferred
- Previous experience managing P L and Budgets for large-scale projects would be helpful
- Experience serving as the point-of-contact with external clients and interfacing with a diverse group of internal resources (engineering, manufacturing, etc) would be ideal
- Must be flexible and have ability to manage several programs simultaneously
- Experience in avionics systems and DO-178B certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work on diverse teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Project software, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Ability to perform Earned Value Analysis helpful