More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 9/15/2021 7:26:43 PM
The EHS Manager assumes a leadership role in developing and implementing EHS programs and generating awareness while incorporating EHS vision and management system direction for sustainment of operations and company growth. Position will provide direction, leadership support, and guidance to ensure conformance to regulatory requirements and reduces EHS liabilities by actively managing EHS risk, both directly and indirectly.
- Serve as subject matter expert on EHS matters related to employee safety, environmental protection, property protection, and process safety in an aircraft maintenance repair and overhaul environment.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable company requirements and local, state, and federal laws (e.g., Lockout/Tagout; Haz Com; Lab Standard; RCRA; DOT; SCAQMD: EPA,OSHA, etc#8230;)
- Develop and lead EHS management system strategy and Continual Improvement initiatives for the overall business.
- Review existing policies, programs, and initiatives to ensure EHS compliance and develop new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of new laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Lead efforts, projects and cross-functional EHS teams in the direction of a continuously improving work environment that is safe and environmentally friendly.
- Ensure required records, permits, and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Profile waste streams, maintain manifests, and compile environmental reporting (waste reports; Tier II; Form R; etc#8230;)
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard control programs. Perform and document job hazard analysis, and coordinate activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
- Respond to day-to-day employee concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Manages the investigation and assessment of work-related injuries, illnesses, and near-misses. Monitors medical incident reports from providers and works with Human Resources on workers compensation and return to work programs.
- Review, measure, audit, and report on efforts in attaining compliance with EHS laws, regulations, company policies, and best practices to all levels of the organization.
- Perform applicable internal audits and inspections of facility and operations.
- Maintains relationship with regulatory agencies as required for on-site audits, regulatory compliance and required corrective action and/or remediation.
- Train and lead Emergency Response Teams
- Coordinate handling/removal of hazardous materials and waste.
- Performs electronic data entry as required to maintain data management requirements.
- Maintains applicable files, records and permits
- Maintains open channels of communication between production and all other levels of management within the organization.
- Responsible for planning, tracking, and conducting all EHS-related training
- Manages all site security activities and personnel to include access control/perimeter control, security training, security response planning, security event investigation etc.
- Other duties as assigned