More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 5/18/2022 9:29:09 PM
Operations Manager III - Req 190484 in GAC Savannah
Together we fly
Our aircraft are industry leaders and so are our people. Weapos;re looking for talented, motivated individuals who are ready to do innovative work, and we offer exciting career opportunities worldwide.
Catia V5, Solumina, and SAP experience preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelorapos;s Degree Engineering, Management, Aviation Maintenance or related curriculum or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 4 years managerial experience with accountability and ownership of employee relations activities, including but not limited to; writing and delivering performance reviews, making hiring and termination recommendations, making compensation recommendations, driving employee development, etc. in a technically related role (i.e. aviation maintenance, general manufacturing). Position Purpose
Manages the strategic operations of one or more departments to meet production requirements in an aircraft manufacturing operation. Mentors entry-level managers and interacts with internal and external customers to provide technical support. Executes company policies and procedures and seeks process and performance improvements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns production responsibilities, work plans and schedule requirements to dept managers, leads and coordinates to ensure all jobs are completed in a matter that satisfies FAA regulations.
- Assists in development and execution of business unit strategic plans to ensure budget, product cost, productivity, inventory levels, delivery performance and quality objectives/expectations and operational goals are met throughout the dept(s). .
- Manages and assists in development of annual budgets and long range requirements. Ensures established corporate financial controls are met.
- Develops and mentors entry-level managers. .
- Coordinates with engineering, finance, materials, quality, etc. to ensure schedules and budgets are met and problems are resolved. .
- Determines resource requirements and ensures assigned dept(s) has adequate resources to perform assigned tasks.
- Develops, maintains, and meets or exceeds requirements for a safe work environment; ensures stringent housekeeping, 5S standards, Environmental Health amp; Safety requirements, and safety procedures and practices are followed; ensures tools/equipment meet safety requirements; leads trend and root cause analysis and accident investigations.
- Plans, develops and executes manufacturing strategy for the dept(s) encompassing Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement philosophies and concepts. .
- Troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes and equipment already in operation while minimizing cost and preventing delivery delays. .
- Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts in the areas of cost/employee relations/quality/productivity.
- Develops and enforces quality standards; monitors and provides corrective action for workmanship issues. .
- Ensures employees know and follow Quality Assurance Procedures. Conducts periodic audits of dept to track compliance. Identifies necessary changes in QAP and coordinates with Quality Assurance team to develop and implement revised or new procedures.
- Prepares work groups to meet future requirements through training and employee development.
- Serves as back-up to sr mgr and provides performance input on entry-level mgrs. .
- Encourages innovation and ensures awareness of best practices. .
- Ensures departmental emergency action plans support the Business Continuity Plan and are executed in timely and effective manner. .
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated: leadership ability; business acumen; initiative; ability to work as team player; ability to deliver results; decision making that supports company objs/policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean mfg.
- Proficient in using Excel and PowerPoint.
Requisition Number: 190484
Posting Type: Internal-External
Department: J0381-G650 Completions Installation
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 1
Posting End Date: 06/07/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the worldapos;s most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft