More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
Manage and direct a team of at least 15 hourly bargaining unit employees engaged in performing work or activities related to the manufacture and testing of aircraft at the RMS Sikorsky West Palm Beach site.
This role will:
• Plan and direct department activities necessary to meet the goals of the department and company in accordance with established quality standards.
• Create a work place environment where quality improvement tools are used effectively to achieve “world class” lean manufacturing operations and Enterprise Excellence process objectives.
• Ensure applicable product quality, product safety, and workplace health and safety requirements imposed by customers, government regulations, and company executive management are met.
• Maintain disciplinary and technical control of the operating unit.
• Assess training requirements to ensure all direct reports receive appropriate training.
• Control cost/budget parameters and schedules.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of company administration policies, procedures, practices and related manufacturing business concepts and their applications.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
- Must have BA/BS degree, from an accredited college, in business, production management, and/or equivalent experience and combined education.
- Must have 4-7 years of experience in aircraft manufacturing and/or a maintenance background.
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing, and in group sessions as a member or leader.
- Must have experience leading personnel; prefer experience leading bargaining unit personnel.
- Must have experience and demonstrate working knowledge of aircraft maintenance and flight line operations.
- Must be a US citizen.Desired Skills:
Rotary wing experience highly preferred.