More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: West Coast Aircraft Maintenance
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 10/14/2021 6:25:40 PM
JOB TITLE: Avionics/Project Manager
This position and related job description is being prepared for and created for the Avionics/Project Manager. Our goal is to create a position in which we can leverage and utilize the Avionics/Project Manager's strengths and assist in keeping West Coast Aircraft Maintenance a profitable company that will be a leader in the field of aircraft maintenance and customer service as an Approved Authorized Textron Service Facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (fundamental job duties):
- Primary responsibility is for the growth of Avionics Department, increase of customer base, continued increase of the Avionics Department revenue and profitability.
- Ensuring company aircraft are safely maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Standard Practice.
- Build relationships with base vendors/manufacturers to ensure our dealer requirements are met.
- Troubleshoots electrical and avionics systems.
- Perform Garmin Avionics Installation modifications in accordance with applicable FAR regulations, STC's, manufacturer's manuals, ASB's, SB's, schematics/blueprints, and engineering drawings.
- Provide supervision and training to all Avionics Department personnel, delegate duties as necessary.
- Reviews shop orders for accuracy of signoffs, labor, material issues and pricing. Ensures that pricing reflects customer commitments, special programs, warranty, economic consideration, etc. as applicable.
- Provide customers with repair estimates and or installation quotes.
- Will assist Customer Project Manager and all of the other employees in the company and related subsidiaries for the overall success of the repair station to ensure quality, schedule, customer satisfaction and budget goals are exceeded.
- Coordinates with the Customer Service Manager in the scheduling of maintenance events.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Coordinates projects with the Customer Service Manager and the repair station leads on a daily basis as required.
- Will serve as a back up to the Customer Project Manager, and any other duties as assigned by GM.
- May be required to travel as directed by the General Manager
Avionics/Project Manager will have supervisory responsibility for all personnel assigned to the department.
- Exceptional and positive customer service and employee relation skills even during times of stress.
- Strong communication skills (oral), listening skills, ability to ask questions.
- Independent decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to know when to contact GM or other key employees to discuss an issue or event.
- Exceptional Accuracy and efficiency in completion of duties.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge, understanding, and usage CRM tools (TFBO).
- Current Airframe Certificate Rating preferred.
- Five (5) years Avionics Management experience in a FAR 145 Repair Station environment.
- Three (3) years experience in return to service capacity.
- Previous successful customer service experience.
- Three (3) years experience in Corporate and General Aviation Avionics repair/installation background.
- Accountable, trustworthy and dependable.
- Demonstrate competency to resolve highly complex technical problems.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to interact with others in an effective and productive manner.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel, email and experience with the Internet.
- A flexible weekly schedule, including evenings and weekends, as required.