More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 5/18/2022 9:30:21 PM
Material Supervisor - Westfield, MA in GAC Westfield
SAP experience preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelorapos;s Degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 7 years related experience. 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity preferred. Position Purpose
Authority and accountability to plan, direct, and control material and to measure the related performance to master schedule (material planning, shop floor work order release planning, dispatch, purchasing, inventory planning, production control, shipping, receiving, stockrooms, import/export ensuring procedural compliance with storage, handling, and disbursement of material). Supervise the coordination and delivery of the proper materials to the aircraft to meet production schedules; lead a team to ensure corporate objectives are met and maintained.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain controls to ensure all paperwork and system transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner. .
- Establish and maintain priorities of subordinates to ensure efficient operations, accurate transactions, and quality work.
- Develop operational and organizational improvements through collaboration, teamwork, and communication with impacted departments.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate, federal, and international regulations, including but not limited to, FAA/EASA Regulations, Import/Export Compliance, Quality Control, Hazmat, Traffic/Material Handling Standards, and departmental procedures.
- Plan and coordinate work schedules to achieve corporate objectives within the approved manpower and Material budgets.
- Identify trends in productivity and process issues; develop improvement actions, and communicate recommendations to senior management (if applicable at site). .
- As required, develop key indicator metrics, reports, and department performance metrics that indicate the trends in meeting goals and department objectives.
- Conduct weekly communication meetings to ensure flow down of Leadership Team information, where applicable at site.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S to established goals for all department work areas.
- Maintain high level focus on safety objectives to ensure compliance with all requirements. In case of an employee area, responsible to complete all required. reports and assists in any investigations.
- Utilize Lean principles as standard tool for constant evaluation for improvements in processing and work flows.
- Maintain an effective communication network with all departments to enhance operations and material flow. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of advanced material handling applications/systems, FAA/EASA regulations, Quality procedures, Material Handling Standards, Import/Export Regulations, HAZMAT, and Traffic/Logistic requirements.
- Knowledge of Material planning systems (MRP, ERP, etc.).
- Knowledge of Basic Supply Chain Management to include master planning of resources, detailed scheduling and planning, and execution and control of operations.
- Strong PC experience; Excel spreadsheets, Word, charts, graphs, presentations, and systems applicable to work area (Corridor, Cognos, CAS, CATIA, Smart Team, etc.).
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership qualities. Must be able to lead a diverse team and manage personnel records.
Requisition Number: 187949
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 04/13/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the worldapos;s most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft