More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Moseley Technical Services, Inc.
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/28/2022 2:35:32 PM
Description: Check out this new opportunity!
Software Project Lead (P55)
Sterling Heights Complex, MI
Moseley Technical is supporting the global leader in the design, development, production, support and sustainment of tracked and wheeled military equipment. We have a 28 year history of continued service with the Aerospace and Defense Industry highlighted through the care for each of our employees and our clients missions. As part of this team you are keeping our allies and soldiers safer on the ground. If you are interested in working on meaningful projects with our employee first partners we invite you to join our team.
- Design, development and support of embedded software solutions for the world premier land-based combat vehicle producer.
- Provide software leadership and support of ground vehicle projects. The person filling this role will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the software development effort for the Mobile Protected Firepower (MPF) project
- Lead the software development effort for 1-2 other smaller software projects within GDLS portfolio
- Create and maintain Software Build Plan to communicate project scope with development team
- Work with CSCI leads and program management to develop schedules and establish budgets
- Develop basis of estimates for new scope items
- Enter EVMS for software tasks
- Assist with development and/or review of software documentation including SDP, SRDR, SRS, SDD, SVD, SPS and related test documentation
- Attend and participate in project related meetings with the project management team.
- Work with Systems to support system level requirements allocation and testing.
- Interface and coordinate with outside vendors for software support and deliverables.
- Identify, document and mitigate project risks items.
- Interface with SWQA to address audit findings and implement corrective actions.
- Assist with development of project metrics and measures.
- Prepare and submit status reports to management.
- Ensure all work conforms to software development process improvement and CMMI Level 5 initiatives
What to Expect
- Bachelorís of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related combined with 7 + years of relevant work experience. Other technical degrees will be considered with related experience.
- Ability to Obtain a Security Clearance
- Excellent leadership skills required.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of CMMI is preferred.
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) is a plus
- Excellent customer skills required
- Previous experience with military vehicle software preferred
- Excellent writing skills required
- Possess or able to obtain security clearance
- Requires some limited travel (training/seminars/meetings)
- U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/