More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: STS Technical Services
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 9/11/2020 3:06:59 PM
Description: STS Technical Services
is hiring a Global Trade Compliance Manager
in Waukesha, Wisconsin
.In this direct hire
you will be responsible for promoting compliant import and exports, including adherence to all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations and with company
This position applies existing rules and regulations to internal processes to ensure compliance, which includes the preparation and submission of required filings and reporting documentation.This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role with significant interaction with internal and external customers and suppliers requiring balanced and effective communication.
- Develop robust and sustainable global trade and compliance programs across all trading countries the business unites trade.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and work with business units to ensure import and export activities are effectively managed to meet government import and export rules and regulations globally.
- Provides technical expertise in global customs laws and regulations such as harmonized tariff schedules, customs valuations, customs assists, and duty drawbacks.
- Act as internal consultant with all business units for import and export compliance matters.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies and procedures to ensure all business units are compliant with all applicable international, federal, state and local laws, regulations, and standards related to global trade including EAR, ITAR, and OFAC regulations.
- Monitors, analyzes and assists with interpreting applicable regulations and implements changes to the import/export process to meet new regulatory requirements.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives for global trade policies and procedures
- Perform assessment of risks and identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensure proper jurisdiction, classification, Schedule B, HTS, drawback and valuation determinations for all exported and imported items, as applicable.
- Identify opportunities to better leverage technology to create efficiencies, increase consistency, and improve controls.
- Analyzes reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of the global trade compliance program, and reports out to senior management on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities.
- Develop cross-functional RACI model to ensure cross-functional owners and stakeholders are aligned across all major Global Trade and Compliance programs.
- Provides compliance advice, investigates complaints, and verifies deficiencies are corrected.
- Creating and managing Bonds and POA’s as well as creating Broker SOP’s
- Developing, maintaining, and managing Trade Compliance KPI’s
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics, International Business, or a related field preferred
- 8 plus years’ experience in U.S. export/import regulations and global trade compliance.
- Full understanding of global tariff actions including 301 232 tariffs.
- Working knowledge of U.S. export control regulations to include Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Expert knowledge of harmonized tariff schedules, customs valuations, duty drawbacks, customs assists, and NAFTA/USMCA.
- Proven experience navigating complex global trade compliance issues.
- U.S. Customs Brokers license is strongly preferred.
- Maquiladora experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise with GTM software preferred
About STS Technical Services:STS Technical Services
is a Top 100 Staffing Firm
that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a
directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.