More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Era Helicopters LLC
Position: Pilot-Rotary Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/29/2020 8:06:07 PM
Era Helicopters, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bristow Group is currently looking for qualified candidates for the VFR Captain position. This VFR Captain position works
a 5 on 2 off schedule (Monday through Friday) in support of Era's BSEE contracts based in New Orleans, LA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operates their assigned aircraft in a safe and efficient manner, in strict compliance with Era Operational standards and all applicable regulations;
* Places safety and customer service at the forefront in everything they do, both inside and outside the aircraft;
* Maintains situational awareness throughout the entire operational region with respect to weather conditions, NOTAMs, sea state and customer offshore facility status;
* Manages passenger movements, aircraft movements, briefings and baggage loading to ensure safety and compliance;
* Completes necessary flight planning paperwork, preflight, fueling and oversight of manifesting to ensure compliance;
* Maintains with accuracy both electronic and paper records to include journey logs, personal flight and duty sheets, and aircraft technical logbook times;
* Reports all aircraft mechanical irregularities by entering them in the aircraft paper and electronic technical log and ensures aircraft is airworthy before, during and after all flights;
* Facilitates communications with the customer and ensures Era is represented in a professional manner;
* Primarily works in the GOM offshore region, but remains available for dispatch to other domestic or International assignments in accordance with business needs;
* Stays up to date on all Era operational and safety procedures; and
* Completes other duties as assigned by Lead Pilot, Operations Manager, or Director of Operations.
* Applicants applying for this position are required to meet the minimum requirements as outlined by (14 CFR 135.243);
* Each applicant will be required to complete the position's screening questionnaire to determine eligibility for consideration;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
* Must be organized and be able to work with a large and varied workload;
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team;
* 1st class medical and instrument rating required;
* 1 Year in the Offshore Oil and Gas environment;
* ATP; * 2,000 hours total flight time, including the following:
* 25 hours in A119;
* 100 hours within the preceding 12 calendar months;
* 200 hours offshore*;
* 1,500 hours PIC;
*Over water operations with takeoffs and landings conducted to helidecks on offshore installations and/or vessels.
This position offers a 5 2 Bonus of 45% of Salary upon completion of training requirements.
Our compensation structure is designed to make Era an attractive employer and very competitive within the industry. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an employer sponsored 401k plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability