More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Worldwide Flight Services, Inc.
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/19/2021 6:06:21 AM
The HR Manager will lead Human Resource functions for assigned stations with direction and support from the Regional HR Director and partnership with the Corporate HR functions. This role is responsible for partnering with field operations leaders, front-line employees, and other HR functions to ensure the stations culture and performance align with company objectives. The HR Managers job duties include employee and labor relations, leading and supporting complex investigations, talent and performance management, and HR administration. This position reports to the Regional HR Director.
- Builds relationships with the regional operations leadership team to understand the business needs and talent requirements to meet the organizations goals.
- Provides advice and counsel station leadership on policy and/or collective bargaining agreement interpretation, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, reasonable accommodations, etc.
- Leads the investigative process related to employee matters. This includes conducting fact-finding investigations related to any EEO type charges, including developing position statements and providing guidance to operational leaders with developing and reviewing charges in discipline/discharge matter.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team to provide field support in the recruitment initiatives of the region, collaborates with departmental managers to forecast staffing needs and understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Provides field support for learning development programs and initiatives, in partnership with Talent Development.
- Provides field support for the performance management process through the tools and direction provided by Talent Development, including goal setting, constructive feedback and timely performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with HR functions to support change management strategies related to the implementation of major initiatives.
- Maintains compliance and knowledge of labor and employment laws, regulations including trends, best practices, and regulatory changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to facilitate discussions and/or present to large groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify trends and measure results using data, insight, critical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Experience working in a multicultural, diverse environment.
- Ability to successfully partner with leaders at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organizationrsquo;s HRIS and TM systems.
- Ability to travel overnight on short notice.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organizationrsquo;s facilities
- Bachelorrsquo;s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field .
- 7+ yearsrsquo; HR Generalist, HR business Partner experience
- HR leadership experience
- Prior experience in logistics, distribution, manufacturing, retail or other related environment.
- Experience in a unionized environment
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or SHRM-SCP, SPHR