More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Metro Aviation, Inc.
Position: Pilot-Rotary Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/27/2022 4:34:03 PM
Description: Metro Aviation is seeking a Helicopter Maintenance Pilot at the Metro Aviation Headquarters in Shreveport, LouisianaOur mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
JOB OBJECTIVEThe Maintenance Pilot completes various tasks in support of Metro Aviation, Inc. and its aircraft completion services and is also responsible for general aircraft ferry, charter, and duty assignments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Possess sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Ability to create an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism with diverse personalities and professional backgrounds
- Ability to maintain cooperative and harmonious relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong initiative
- Proficient in directing and guiding
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Required Certificates
- FAA Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Certificate and Instrument Helicopter Rating (ATP Rotorcraft Preferred)
- FAA 2nd Class Medical, preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Minimum Required Experience
- Total Flight Time 2,000 hours
- Total Pilot-In-Command 1,000 hours Rotorcraft
- Cross Country Flight Time 500 hours
- Night Flight Time 100 hours, including 50 hours night unaided
- Instrument Flight Time 75 hours (50 in flight)
- Turbine Helicopter 500 hours
- Preferred Experience Education
- Air Medical operations
- Single Pilot IFR operations
- Night Vision Goggle operations
- Prolonged periods of standing, sitting, and walking
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds floor to bench height
- Ability to hear and respond to routine aircraft noises
- Ability to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit when requested
- Require close and distant visual capability
- Periodic hands to key ability (typing)
- Temperature controlled office
- Exposure to outdoor aircraft facility with potential cold and hot temperatures
- Exposure to running aircraft and refueling systems
- Full Time
- 260 work days / 2,080 hours per year
- 5 days on shift / 2 days off shift
- 8 hour shifts
- Workover available when necessary
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.